We know that when it comes to airborne vehicles, safety must be the primary concern.
Sean Greenwood has been the president of Canadian UAVs since February 2015. Prior to Canadian UAVs, Sean was a real-time energy trader for a large Canadian public Energy company. With a range of responsibilities that included assessing short-term markets, offer strategies and trade execution, Sean developed trading relationships with new counter parties and ensured strict compliance with credit and exposure limits. A licensed commercial helicopter pilot, Sean has hundreds of hours of commercial helicopter and UAV flight time. His flight experience includes flying Robinson 44s for Global 1 news, airshows and heli tours in Alberta and British Columbia. He is also an apprentice helicopter mechanic.
Sean represented Ireland in men’s Skeleton at the 2014 Sochi Olympics. Before retiring, he raced for five years on the world’s fastest tracks in North America, Europe and Russia. He was the highest ranked athlete in the Small Nations Division for Olympic Qualification leading up to Sochi and ranked 2nd in the North America’s Cup for the 2012-13 season. Sean earned his B.A., (Economics) from the University of Calgary in 2010 while training in flight school, working and training for Skeleton. Sean is a Certified Lockheed Martin Indago Systems Pilot and Instructor.
Decades of experience working in the aviation industry in BC and Alberta.
We continue to upgrade our safety training for both aviation and the Oil and Gas sector. Our current list of experiences and certificates includes:
- Commercial Helicopter Pilot Licence issued by Transport Canada
- ENFORM Petroleum Safety training
- ENFORM H2S Alive
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air
- Transportation of Dangerous good by Surface Modes
- Safety Management System (SMS)
- External Load, Hover Exit and Water Bucketing
- IRP 16 Basic Safety Awareness Training
- Maintenance Training, Independent checks, Elementary tasks and AD’s
- Pilot Decision Making
- Transport Canada registered training organization since 2016
- Transport Canada certified Flight Reviewer
- Transport Canada certified sRPA ground school training provider
- Previous experience in training the Canadian Armed Forces
- Four UAV pilots and six maintainers with NATO Class I, II, III operations and training experience
- Class 2 and 3 Payload Operator training experience
- Civil and military airworthiness certification experience
- Civilian and military BVLOS experience (the first company to fly BVLOS in non-restricted civilian airspace in Canada)